Fully Compliant with GDPR, CPRA, CCPA, and CalOPPA
- Personal Data: Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’).
- Processing: Any operation performed on personal data, whether or not by automated means.
- Controller: The entity that determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
- Data Subject: An individual whose personal data is processed.
This structure ensures comprehensive coverage of all legal requirements and clarity for the users of ECWT’s website. Let’s proceed with drafting the sections sequentially, focusing first on the Introduction and Definitions. Once we’ve aligned on these, we can move on to the detailed sections on data protection principles, personal data collected, and use of personal data. We do not link or need to link this data to any specific person, nor do we link it to other data, and therefore we cannot identify any specific person based on it. We only collect this data in an aggregated way and analyze it statistically to obtain information about where our site is visited, how long visitors stay on it or what information they usually search for, etc., which will allow us to manage, support, and improve our services.
- Types of Cookies: We employ both session cookies (which expire once you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device for a set period or until you delete them). This includes strictly necessary cookies for website functionality, performance cookies for analytics, functionality cookies for website personalization, and targeting cookies for marketing purposes.
- Purposes: Cookies help us understand how the website is being used, enabling us to optimize your browsing experience. They also assist in our marketing efforts and in providing content that is more relevant to you.
- Managing Cookies: You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. Be aware that disabling cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How to Block Cookies
- http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/block-enable-or-allow-cookies (for Internet Explorer),
- http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (for Mozilla / Firefox)
- https://support.google.com/chromeos/answer/95647?hl=en (for Chrome)
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/ (for Opera)
- http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042 (for Safari).
Please note that some sites may not work if you completely disable cookies, but many third-party cookies may be safely blocked.
Data Sharing and Disclosure
ECWT values your privacy and is committed to safeguarding your personal data. We only share or disclose your information under the following circumstances:
- With Service Providers: We engage third-party service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, including hosting and maintenance, error analysis, email messaging, security operations, and direct marketing campaigns. We share your personal data with these service providers, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- For Legal Reasons: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, protect and defend the rights or property of ECWT, act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the site, or protect against legal liability.
- With Your Consent: Apart from the reasons mentioned above, we will notify you when your personal information may be shared with third parties, and you will have the right to choose whether or not we share your information.
Data Subject Rights
Under GDPR, CPRA, CCPA, and CalOPPA, individuals have specific rights regarding their personal data. ECWT is committed to ensuring that you can exercise these rights:
- Right to Access: You have the right to request access to your personal data that ECWT processes.
- Right to Rectification: If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have it corrected.
- Right to Erasure: You can request the deletion of your personal data, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Restrict Processing: Under certain conditions, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to Data Portability: You can request a copy of your personal data in a machine-readable format.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Rights in Relation to Automated Decision Making and Profiling: You have the right not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact information provided at the end of this policy.
Data Security and Retention
ECWT employs robust technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to personal data transmitted, stored, or otherwise processed. We adhere to industry-standard practices and regularly update our security practices in response to new risks.
Regarding data retention, ECWT retains personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Upon expiration of the applicable retention period, your personal data will be securely deleted or anonymized.
ECWT is dedicated to empowering women in technology through various initiatives, one of which includes our informative newsletters. These newsletters are crafted to keep our subscribers up to date with the latest technology trends, opportunities for professional development, upcoming events, and ECWT’s ongoing projects and achievements. Recognizing the importance of privacy and data protection, we’ve designed our newsletter subscription process to be fully compliant with GDPR, CPRA, CCPA, and CalOPPA, reflecting our commitment to safeguarding our subscribers’ personal information.
When you subscribe to our newsletters, we collect only the essential personal data required to send you the newsletter, such as your email address and name. This information is used exclusively for the purpose of delivering the newsletters to you and enhancing your experience with tailored content. We operate on a strict ‘opt-in’ basis, meaning we only send newsletters to individuals who have explicitly agreed to receive them. This ensures our compliance with GDPR, which mandates explicit consent for receiving direct marketing communications. Under the principles of these regulations, you, as the subscriber, have several rights regarding your personal data. These include the right to access the data we hold about you, the right to rectify any inaccuracies in that data, the right to withdraw your consent and unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time, and the right to have your personal data erased from our systems. Our newsletter emails always include an easy-to-find ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom, allowing you to opt out of future communications swiftly. Additionally, if you wish to exercise any other data protection rights, such as data portability or objecting to processing, you can contact us directly using the contact information provided on our website.
International Data Transfers
ECWT operates on a global scale, and your personal data may be transferred to and processed in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have the same data protection laws as those within the EEA. When we transfer your data internationally, we ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data and to comply with our legal obligations, including using data transfer mechanisms recognized by the GDPR and other relevant legislation. You have the right to obtain details of these safeguards by contacting us.
The ECWT website is not intended for individuals under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us.
- Email: Contact page, Contact form.
- Phone: +47 966 980 54
- Visitor address: Tollbugata 3, 0152 Oslo, Norway,
- Postal address: P.O. Box 458 Sentrum, NO-0105 Oslo, Norway
By providing clear contact details, we ensure that you have the necessary information to reach out to us for any privacy-related inquiries or to exercise your rights under the GDPR, CPRA, CCPA, and CalOPPA.