EU thematic call
For women in ICT pledges
EU thematic call for women in ICT pledges
In connection with this year´s Girls´ Day the 27 April, through the Digital Skills and Jobs Coalition the European Commission has decided to invite companies and organizations to organise activities to equip more women and girls with digital skills and motivate them to pursue ICT studies and careers.
The thematic call for pledges on Women in ICT, which will run in parallel to the general pledging for action in the four general categories of the Coalition:
- Digital skills for all – developing digital skills to enable all citizens to be active in our digital society
- Digital skills for the labor force – developing digital skills for the digital economy, e.g. upskilling and reskilling workers, jobseekers; actions on career advice and guidance.
- More and better-trained ICT professionals in Europe – developing high-level digital skills for ICT professionals in all industry sectors.
- Digital skills in education – transforming teaching and learning of digital skills in a lifelong learning perspective, including the training of teachers.
Organizations wishing to pledge could focus on organizing the following activities:
- providing digital skills training with a special focus on women and girls
- raising awareness about the opportunities available for women in ICT
- giving visibility to female role models that would inspire girls
- upskilling, re-skilling women, etc.
Director Eva Fabry is having a consultation with key stakeholders in Brussels in the next few days concerning the implementation of the call and in order, to kick-off a discussion for the most effective implementation of the call ECWT is inviting all N-PoCs to a special concall on 15 May at 3:00 p.m. CET.